VCD copy help

arnuld fraser fraser_feb at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 06:50:49 UTC 2005

hi there,
           I am using FC3 as my os (first I was using
FC2). I am asking for help as i am not able to "COPY
the CONTENTS of my TERMINATOR-3 VCD onto MY
HARD-DISK".

Actually, any VCD has several FOLDERS in it (like
MPEGV, VCD etc.). so In MPEGV you have file AVSEQ01,
AVSEQ02 etc. which are the VIDEO FILES we use to play.
Now in "WIN-XP" what we use to do( when we want to
copy the VCD onto HARD-DISK) is only to COPY AVSEQ01,
AVSEQ01 etc. and then we use to watch movie through
any media player like PowerDVD, JetAudio, Windows
media player etc.

PROBLEM: - VCD can not be mounted in GNOME. In KDE it
can be mounted but when i try to copy AVSEQ01 it gives
I/O error.

can anybody help me on finding a solution?

       THANKS
                             "Fraser"

"The Great Intellectuals"