Getting error when compiling my c code

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 18 05:57:17 UTC 2005

Lalit Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I am getting error ' could not find gnome.h' when I am trying to compile my
> c code on Fedora core 3.
>  On my system I have gone.h but do not know why it can not find it.
> can anybody tell me why this problem is and how to resolve that.
> I think I may have to make some setting regarding this.
>  Please help me out, its urgent.
>  Thanks in advance.

Presumably, you are using GCC.
There are three, at least, reasons you might be having this
problem.

First, are you doing

#include <gnome.h>

or

#include "gnome.h"

Makes a difference.

Second, where is gnome.h? GCC by default looks in /usr/include.
If your gnome.h is not in /usr/include, then you may need more
in your include name, like

#include <gnome-1.0/gnome.h.

or the like.

Third, you might need to use the -I option of GCC, as in

gcc <options go here> -I /place/where/I/put/my/gnome/stuff source.c

This would tell gcc to look for /place/where/I/put/my/gnome/stuff/gnome.h

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.