Numlock as standard?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Aug 18 14:28:39 UTC 2005

Henry Hartley wrote:
> On Monday, August 15, 2005 1:34 PM, Marcus Zingmark said:
>
>>>How do I get Numlock to be on as standard in Fedora Core 4?
>>>Would like it for all users if possible.
>

> You could just turn it on in the BIOS.  Oh, wait, that doesn't
> work.  I still don't understand why Linux cannot simply abide
> by the BIOS setting and leave numlock alone.  Even Windows 95
> got that right.

I remember this same discussion about BIOS and numlock and something
about the kernel from years ago.  It may be worth searching the archives
on this one.  It may be searchable in the RedHat archives.

Now, I find that turning it on takes all of about 1 ms but it would be
nice if it did recognize the bios setting.

May be worth posting the question to the development people or RFE again.

--
Robin Laing