Adobe rpm download issues

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 18 16:26:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 10:26 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> I just wanted a rational for the behavior.

Hope it helped.

Basically, the server is misconfigured.  It's up to the webmaster to
ensure that they send out the right MIME type information.  Generally,
they rely on the filename suffix doing the job.  But .rpm is used by at
least two very different things.  They should have changed how the
server served .rpm named files.  Which can be done for the whole server,
or certain files and directories (for webservers which might serve both
types of files).

I read messages from the public lists.