is it possible to set up a web server on a computer in a local area network?

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 09:32:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

> the LAN is linked to the Internet through a router(not a computer).is
> it possible to set up a web server in this case?

Yes

http://ctadirect.homedns.org/cta is an example of one in action. I'm
sitting infront of it.

The thing you must do is set the router to forward port 80 traffic to
the server otherwise, it won't work.

TTFN

Paul
--
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the
best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always