Bugs in new kernels

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Aug 20 11:22:59 UTC 2005

Hi

>Actually, I don't understand why people find the Fedora kernels
>so attractive.
>They are rarely any improvement on the standard kernels
>from http://www.kernel.org .

Well thats a deliberate design decision. Fedora packages as far as
possible does not deviate from upstream ones. So when you come across a
bug you can almost be sure that its a upstream one. Further every
additional patch results in added work, so its important that developers
evaluate the cost vs advantage of having it. However the kernel does
have a few improvements like exec shield including several bug fixes
parts of which has already been merged upstream.

regards
Rahul