FC4 Printing an IP address

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sat Aug 20 14:03:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 10:58:05PM +1000, Tony Crouch wrote:
> Hi All,
> I was wondering if someone could help me out with setting up FC4 to
> print to a networked printer accessible only via an IP address.
>
> As thus far I have not had any luck.
>
> Cheers,
> Tony
That should work. Where did it fail for you. The worst that could
happen is to put the name and ip address in your /etc/host file.
Are you trying to use system-config-printer or the CUPS web interface
or the lp-commands like: lpadmin and lpoptions.

In Minnesota they ask why all football fields in Iowa have artificial turf.
It's so the cheerleaders won't graze during the game.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484