Bugs in newest update of KDE in FC3/FC4

Peter Magnusson iocc at fedora.lists.flashdance.cx
Mon Aug 22 02:18:53 UTC 2005

I discovered it on my FC3 workstation. But my FC4 laptop got the same
problem. KDE in FC3 was updated from 3.2.2 (something, not sure) to 3.4.2
recently.

4 bugs in that KDE version:

1:
When I iconify emacs (and this problem only applys to emacs) so I just see
the menubar... Then emacs and the X server will use 100% cpu until I kill
it. This is CLEARLY a bug. And its very annoying. It worked before the
update. If I iconify emacs so the window is completely removed from the
desktop this problem doesnt happend.

2:
Klipper sometimes gets in a loop and popups an action window for URLs, new
window within some seconds all the time. Very annoying. You have to clear
the history to get rid of the problem. It wasnt like this in the previous
version of KDE.

3:
It amazes me that KDE STILL has problems with fonts that are changing
between the KDE sessions. It has been like this for like... 4 years.
Why is it so hard to solve? Now I use quite high and non-standard
resolution (1792x1344) but a year ago I used only 1600x1200 and had the
same problem then.

Especially the font named "General font" are changing. If I set it to 10
it will be 10... When I logout and login again it might be the same or it
will get so small all of a sudden and I have to change it to 11... And when
I logout and login again... Then its too big. So I have to change back
to 10. Why is this never fixed?

But it can happend with other fonts also, but its more seldom. The taskbar
crasched today, it was automaticlly restarted. But guess what? It was
restarted with a much smaller fontsize. If I change it now it probably will
be wrong when I logout and in again.

4:
Delete is gone, I have to press shift to see it when deleting something
from konq. I dont use the trash basket in KDE. Best would be if it was
possible if KDE could ask me to delete files when I select some and press
the delete key and not ask me if I want to put it in trash. Is that
possible?