what to do after crash?

L A alilou_linux at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 22 02:55:04 UTC 2005

Hi,
My computer has crashed last day. Now I can't open the
file in wich I was working. I can't also open
thunderbird. It told me that my profile is already
open. (in other distributions we need juste to make
empty a file namefile.lock, in fedora ???).
I can't also rename or delete the directory which
contain the concerned file.

I know that it's impossible to rescue the damaged file
but tell me please what must I do to rename the
directory which contain it and to be able to use
thunderbird.
Thank you very much.
PS: I'm using FC3