Anyone using Adobe Pdf Reader 7

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 06:50:51 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: akonstam at trinity.edu
Sent: Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 06:29:13AM -0500
To For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Anyone using Adobe Pdf Reader 7

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 04:04:24PM +0530, Vikram Goyal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using fc4 and downloaded Adobe Pdf Reader 7 but it crashes very
> > frequently. If someone's using it and knows the workarounds, Please
> > share.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > vikram...
> I assume you got it from adobe. Well here is a mythological answer
> that might work for you. I assume you downloaded the rpm. That has
> never worked for me. I download the tgz file which is easy to install
> and it has always worked. Now there are people
> out there who say there are copies of the rpm in other repositories
> that work but I have no experience with those.

Hello Konstam,

I downloaded tgz file also but ran into more problems. After tinkering
more, I found selinux to be the culprit. The system was in enforcing
mode, putting it to permissive solved the problem.

This feed back is for other people who may be finding themselves
flummoxed by intermittent crashes without finding the cause.

Thanks!
--
vikram...
--
More are taken in by hope than by cunning.
		-- Vauvenargues