XEN-Version in FC4

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Tue Aug 23 13:36:12 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 07:42, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just a silly question, that is not complete clear. Which version of
> xen is shipped with FC 4?
>
> On the project page, i read Xen2, which is still unstable, as i read.
>
> How about older versions? Are there rpm's for FC4?

Xen 2 is uniprocessor only. Xen3 does/will support smp but has not officially
been released. Xen3 will also spot AMD64 support. the final Xen3 release
should be out soon.

The version you have in FC4 should be fairly stable if you want to play with
it. If you need something for a production like environment I honestly can't
recommend either xen2 or 3...

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/

Peter.