yum giving errors while setting up livna.org...

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Aug 23 19:36:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 00:35 +0530, Ankur Nayak wrote:
> hi,
> i was using FC-2 for quite a while...but now i have upgraded to
> FC-3...i know FC-4 is also out...but i wanted to test the upgradation
> with FC-3.....everything seems to be working fine except
> "yum"....earlier with FC-2 i was able to use yum with much ease but
> now with upgraded FC-3, yum is giving me errors....
> whenever i do something like..."yum search open-ssl"...or any other
> package...then it gives me the following output...
> ----------
> Repository updates-released already added, not adding again
> Repository base already added, not adding again
> Searching Packages:
> Setting up Repo:  livna-stable
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
> Cannot find repomd.xml file for livna-stable
> ----------
> Can someone help me with this error.....i dont know if this question
> has already been posed.....

Your yum.conf is out of date. You will need to update your yum
configuration to point to FC-3 repos. The first thing you should do is
to remove the repo definitions from /etc/yum.conf; they now go in
separate files in /etc/yum.repos.d

This is why you are getting the messages:
> Repository updates-released already added, not adding again
> Repository base already added, not adding again
You have specified these repos in yum.conf but FC-3 has default entries
for these already set up in /etc/yum.repos.d

The livna repo must be used in conjunction with Fedora Extras.

Create /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-stable.repo containing:

[livna-stable]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.stable
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

Create /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo containing:

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras

You should then be good to go, unless you have further broken repo
configs.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>