Starting mysql and sendmail [solved]

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:27:57 UTC 2005

On 8/24/05, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> There are updates available for PHP, Apache and MySQL. To avoid being
> hacked you are encouraged to update first.
>
> The service is called "mysqld" and requires the mysql-server package to
> be installed.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/default-privileges.html
> The root user is already installed, it just has no password set. So your
> first step is to set one. Be aware that MySQL's root != system's root.
>

> Better avoid using PHP's mail() function. This said to be able to ship
> around typical problem when trying to create valid mails from PHP.
> Please see the mail() function documentation at php.net and the comments
> by other users.
> Your problem is probably caused by SELinux being in action.
>
> Alexander

Solved! There was a comment on the mail() page on php.net that I found
reference to on this archive:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2005-01/0630.html

Although I had read the comments earlier in the day, I didn't follow
every last suggestion in all of them. I guess I just needed Alexander
to 'push' me into them... It's not the first time you've gotten me out
of a mess, Alexander!

With the information that I now have, I think that I'll be able to get
mysql cooperating with php. Thank you Todd and Paul and Alexander and
everyone else!

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/430/rolling_stones.php
Rolling Stones Song Lyrics