gnome-panel crash/restart circulating

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 16:46:43 UTC 2005

Petr Fischer wrote:
> after login into my gnome desktop, gnome-panel crash dialog occurs and
> this situation repeats forever - this is really annoying behavior
>
> how do I reset gnome-panel settings? is this necessary?
then
> Should I reinstall fedora (like windows) or kill all my gnome settings
> (.gnome2 & .gnome2_private folders - ugh) or install CentOS for better
> stability or what?

I bet it's annoying. Try adding a new test user and logging in as test
user: that will give you a handle on whether it's user settings or
program corruption.

Unless you have hardware problems, the worst case scenario should be
re-installing the appropriate RPMs.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james |     "Why is it we never meet anyone nice?"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |     "Why is it we never meet anyone who can shoot