cyrus vs UW imap

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Aug 25 20:34:48 UTC 2005

> I'm transferring from a non-fedora server where we were using UW for pop
> and imap, but cryus imap comes with fedora.  Is there a reason for
> this...is it particularly good?  Would a switch be simple?

Cyrus is good, but can be complex.  The switch is not simple, as Cyrus and
UW store mailboxes in very different formats.

FC also has an IMAP server called Dovecot which is a much simpler server
to manage.  There is a good doc on converting from UW to Dovecot at
http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/Migration.

Hope this helps,
Thomas