NUT Config

Robert Bell robert at thebellfamily.com
Sat Aug 27 03:15:55 UTC 2005

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm reading the docs for NUT,
trying to get it to talk to my CyberPower AVR1500 UPS. The docs say:

Next, create an entry in ups.conf like this:

	[myups]
		driver = hidups
		port = /dev/usb/hid/hiddev0

    If you don't have those entries in /dev, make them with mknod -
    they're character devices, major 180, minor 96 and up.

I have no clue how how to do whatever it says to do in the last sentance. I know the system is reporting my UPS on

kernel: hiddev96: USB HID v1.10 Device [Cyber Power System CPS RS232 USB
BRIDGE for UPS] on usb-0000:00:10.1-2

/dev/usb/hid/hiddev96 does not exist. Can someone tell me how to make it?

Thanks !