KDE Menu [Was: Restoring menu]

Lokrin redhat at lokrin.net
Sun Aug 28 15:25:16 UTC 2005

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 10:51:56AM +0200, Omar wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>  I am using FC3, I customized my menu in KDE, but when I install new software
>>I have to manually add the software.  How can I restore the default menu
>>structure so the installed software is automatically added?  When I log in to
>>gnome, the menu items are added in gnome but not in KDE.  Also how can I set
>>my default destop to be KDE?
>>

> The answer to the last question is switchdesk program or you can choose
> your default desktop from the sessions menu in the gdm login screen.
> This last option I think is in FC3 but I haven't looked at that for
> awhile. There used to be a switchdesk option under one of the menus I
> thought but I can't find it quickly and I am not currently running FC3
> where it may be in a different place.

Ive a similar question on KDE - In the menu editor I can move things around to
where I want them and then save them and I get the box saying that it is saving
the files.  But it never does change.  I've tried it as user and root and the
dsame thing happens.  It just will not update for some reason.

Also, a lot of the little file icons won't show up for user when they show up
for root in the menu.  A priveledge problem I assume, but where/how do I fix
them?  Do I have to search for each icon or something?

Thanks