Intel 915 Motherboard and sound

Deboo ^ knowledgeful at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 06:13:13 UTC 2005

How to make Intel 915 boards inbuild sound card work with Fedora? Does
compiling the latest kernel support this board? These boards seem to have
some Realtek sound chipset. I searched the net and someone said I just need
alsa and no need to recompile the kernel. But alsa sources readme says that
in order to install alsa, I need the kernel sources. What do I need to do?

Is there any other way to make sound work on 915 boards?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.