OT: DNS Failover

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Wed Aug 31 16:50:22 UTC 2005

>		I'm curious about how others in the Fedora community are
doing DNS
>		failover.  Specifically I have two sites, one primary
(in a large city)
>		and one secondary (out in the middle of nowhere).  The
idea is that we'd
>		host DNS out of the secondary site to use the web
servers in the primary
>		site.
>
>		My question is how are people handling outages at the
main site.  If the
>		primary site burns down or all the servers get stolen or
something, is
>		my only option a manual of the configs to point from one
to the other?

Please don't post HTML to the list, and this doesn't even come close to
what I'm looking to do.  I know how master and slave DNS works, I'm less
concerned about the actual DNS server and more concerned about where the
DNS address is pointing to.

	-Mike