Share internet connection/make a small server

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Aug 31 22:59:36 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 31.08.2005 schrieb Antonio Olivares um 23:37:

> > Did you answer whether you can reach / ping the IP
> > 10.154.16.130 of your
> > Fedora host, and the IP of google.com?
>
> I cannot ping any website.  Maybe I did not configure
> the server correctly.  Does the /etc/dhcp.conf do that
> automatically or do I have to create another file?

So you even can not ping the IP of the outgoing device of your Fedora
gateway? Or just external IPs? At least your internal network has to
function.

> > >        DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . :
> > > 10.154.16.130
> >
> > Do you have setup a DNS server on your Fedora host?
> > So far I only
> > remember to have see DHCP discussion.
>
> No, I did not setup a DNS server on the Fedora Host?
> I setup dhcpd to run and make a DHCP server that
> should take care of this?
> I thought that by setting up DHCP server would take
> care of DNS by itself, what do I have to do?

You posted a dhcpd.conf where you defined

option domain-name-servers 6355-1.example.com,
6355-2.example.com;

The setting of your Windows host does not reflect that (while name
servers should be called by their IP, not names).

> Antonio

Alexander

Serendipity 00:55:55 up 9 days, 21:39, load average: 0.43, 0.26, 0.18