Gtk emacs-style key bindings

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 04:54:42 UTC 2005

--- Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat.com> wrote:

> By the way, I don't have an interface directory. However, I have a %gconf.xml
> file in ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome however and it is empty. Should I edit this?
> What exactly do I put in there?
>

> > > Is this gnome-specific [...]?
> >
> > My understanding is that it is gtk specific.
>
> So, regardless of everything else, changing it here should work for all gtk-2
> programs?

I guess my real question is what do I do if I do not have gnone running (I use
fvwm). Is it still possible using the above to have Emacs-keybindings for GTK-2
applications (such as sylpheed, as well, as is my understanding, firefox)? If
not, any suggestions as to which file needs to be modified, updated?

Many thanks!