Gtk emacs-style key bindings

Pete Toscano pete-fedora at verisignlabs.com
Fri Jul 1 05:05:48 UTC 2005

Globe Trotter wrote:

>>By the way, I don't have an interface directory. However, I have a %gconf.xml
>>file in ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome however and it is empty. Should I edit this?
>>What exactly do I put in there?

$ cat .gconf/desktop/gnome/interface/%gconf.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
        <entry name="gtk_key_theme" mtime="1118849227" type="string">
                <stringvalue>Emacs</stringvalue>
        </entry>
</gconf>

I'm guessing that creating the directory and editing that file might do
it, although you might have to kill and restart /usr/libexec/gconfd-2.

pete