NTFS issue

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 14:31:10 UTC 2005

Martín Marqués wrote:

>El Jue 30 Jun 2005 16:50, Yogen Mankikar escribió:
>

>>Thanks for the help guys,
>>Just FYI, adding "user" option to fstab did not work but "umask=000" did
>>work.
>>

>Sorry, but you have to have done something wrong. Putting user in the optios
>IS the way to deal with this. Check my vfat windows partition that I'm
>mounting as a normal user:

Thanks for that. I was the one who gave him the "add ',user'" to your
fstab, and when
he said that it didn't work, I wondered whether I were losing my mind or
something.

[snip]

>S.ficheros         Bloques de 1K   Usado    Dispon Uso% Montado en

Hey, that's decent translation there. I recall trying to use [a certain
editor] which
had Spanish Support Options, and trying to load up a rather large file,
and getting
the error message "fuera de memoria". At first, I was completely
flummoxed, then
I  realized what happened, and began to laugh. I went back to English,
needless
to say.

Mike