Some thoughts for the future

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 1 16:45:07 UTC 2005

http://portgeographe.environmentaldisasters.cds.merseine.nu/

> --

It more that just that.  Try letting a new user
install
additonal packages on Linux where all kinds of RPM
related issues occur.

If you want to give them a 'STATIC' system and say
'NEVER MODIFY IT',  then you may have a point.

The problem is, that when problems occur they have
to know 'vi' and other command line stuff to attempt
to correct the problem.  Yes major problems can
occur in Windows also, but they can usually call
Tech Support for the probuct they have bought to
fix the problem.  With open software, you got to
know your Unix/Linux stuff to fix it.