Bluetooth, Belkin F8T008 dongle, Nokia 6230i

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 1 21:40:50 UTC 2005

I've got the above two devices which both work OK - the Belkin device driver
and the Nokia software suite are both installed on XP, the devices are
paired, and I can talk to the phone via the USB bluetooth dongle.

Should I be able to at least access the MMC in the phone with FC3?

I've never tried using bluetooth before today, but I read somewhere that I
have to start with "service bluetooth start" which says OK

yum install gnome-bluetooth runs, and gives me the bluetooth file sharing and
bluetooth manager under KDE system tools.

At the second attempt, Bluetooth Manager scanned for devices, showed a 48 bit
device number in hex, found the device name I had set in the phone and put up
a phone icon with the correct name. Then it does nothing else. Right click on
the phone icon does nothing, Edit-Properties does nothing.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Dave Fletcher