Newbie question: Printing non-latin webpages

Giannis baila344 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 16:46:01 UTC 2005

I'm trying to switch to linux so I recently installed
fedora core 4. When I try to print non-latin webpages
with firefox I get a nearly empty printout:
Only some strange characters and the image files get
printed...
 That's pretty strange for me since I've been using
the windows os for over 8 years and printing non-latin
webpages is something that is supposed to function
"out of the box".
 Some users suggested recompiling firefox with
freetype2 print support, other told me that this is
not possible with fedora core 4 because of some
changes in freetype2 versions greater than 2.1.8
(...already confused)
 I even thought of running internet explorer through
wine every time I want to print non-latin webpages...
                              Thank you in advance!