How to build a local yum update server??

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Sat Jul 2 17:53:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:21:51 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 01:26:35PM +0200, Hans Müller wrote:
> > > baseurl=http://your.server/path/to/repo/updates/$releasever/$basearch
> > > 	http://other.mirror/path/to/repo/updates/$releasever/$basearch
> > > 	http://another.mirror/path/to/repo/updates/$releasever/$basearch
> > > failovermethod=priority
> > Are there plains to add a priority function to yum??
>
> Beyond what already exists? I don't think so -- how exactly would you want
> this feature to work?

One idea would be that file:// type repositories would be preferred
when downloading a package. Alternatively, any repository, which is
given a high priority, would be the preferred source when downloading
a package. So a package, which is in a "local" repository, would
never be downloaded from an remote repository. How would this be used?
You "yum --enablerepo=updates-released --enablerepo=updates-mirrored",
and no update package found in updates-mirrored would ever be
downloaded from updates-released. A bit like treating local repos
as a read-only cache.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4