[SOLVED] Re: How to install festival Spanish support?

Mariano Draghi chaghi at sion.com
Sat Jul 2 18:53:21 UTC 2005

Tom Broadhurst wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> You have to do a little work, but check out this page:
> http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/

Thanks Tom!
It wasn't that difficult after all :)
I went to the download section of that page, and reading the
VOICES.README I found out that I needed the festvox_ellpc11k.tar.gz tarball.

I decompressed the 'spanish' directory included in that tarball into
/usr/share/festival/voices, and I was done. The dir structure of the
tarball is quite different from the Fedora festival package, but it was
easy to guess where to put the files.

Anyway, I don't know who's in charge of festival packaging, but maybe
there should be a 'festival-extras' or 'festival-voices' RPM (at least
in extras) with all the other stuff that comes with festival.

Regards,

--
Mariano