Fedora Core 4 -- 1387 Kernel Problem Compaq nx9010 Laptop

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Sun Jul 3 12:52:46 UTC 2005

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> The 1387 kernel for Fedora Core 4 seems broken on my HP Compaq nx9010
> laptop. Kernel messages seem to stop dead shortly after "setting
> hostname to localhost.localdomain" but pressing the <enter> or
> ctrl-alt-delete keys seems to restart messages very s-l-o-w-l-y.

Had another issue with this kernel:
booting on the desktop was ok, but starting winrar through wine froze
the whole system. I tried the kernel from the development tree and
everything seems to be fine. So I hope for a kernel update soon.

My installed kernels are:
$ rpm -q kernel
kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
kernel-2.6.12-1.1387_FC4