FC4 sendmail user mail file missing

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jul 3 14:41:15 UTC 2005

Am So, den 03.07.2005 schrieb David Niemi um 16:36:

> I do have dhcp provided by my router at the moment so there is another
> IP assigned 192.168.0.185 on the internal network.  I'll change the
> hosts entry, I wasn't too sure at the time if I should do it this way or
> not.  I use this particular PC as a firewall and dhcp server, so it is
> kind of on a network, the IP is assigned by my ISP dynamically, ergo my
> confusion

So /etc/hosts isn't set dynamically by dhclient? It would be good to set

192.168.0.185     me.mynetwork   me

> Is there a way to modify the user name to lower case? Otherwise I'll
> just add the same user with all lowercase and see how things go.  I had
> thought briefly that this may be the issue but hadn't see anything.

vipw    -> edit this way /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow
vigr     -> edit this way /etc/group and /etc/gshadow
mv /home/DaveN /home/dave

Should be all if I don't miss something important.

>   Dave

Alexander

Serendipity 16:35:24 up 7 days, 23:27, load average: 0.19, 0.18, 0.17