Cyrus Mail on FC3

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jul 4 11:53:05 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 04.07.2005 schrieb nick um 10:23:

> I've had Cyrus working on FC3 over 2 months, until I rebooted FC3 the
> box. The probelm i've encountering is that MS Outlook is preventing me
> to connect FC3. Im always promted for username and password. I've
> reset me password twice, but im unsuccessfully to connect via outlook.
> This is the error message I get it;
>

> ! Task '192.168.1.4 - Sending and Receiving' reported error
> (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your
> user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click
> E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/PERM] Unable to
> locate maildrop: Mailbox does not exist'

Though the message of that Windows® mail client isn't best way to
analyze the problem, it seems clear: the mailbox isn't there. And
mailbox does not mean the useraccount, but the box created using cyradm.
You better check the server log files and use the tools Cyrus-IMAPd
ships with to see further.

Alexander

Serendipity 13:50:42 up 8 days, 20:42, load average: 0.26, 0.29, 0.17