Fedora Extras

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jul 4 15:45:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Tim Holmes wrote:
>
> > I for one would be quite interested if someone could post instructions or
> > a link on how to PROPERLY create a local repo (mine will be FC3).  I am
> > interested in establishing one here for internal use
>
> I use Dag Wieers' yam.
> It works very well -
> Cron runs yam each night to update my local repositories on my desktop,
> and then I run yum on various computers to update from these.
>
> I found the yam documentation rather hard to follow when I set it up,
> but as I said it has worked without any problems for a year or so.

It would be nice to know what you struggled with. Writing documentation,
if you know a program inside out, makes you immune to common errors or
confusing explanations. (And that's not a pity excuse, really)

Each piece of documentation includes an encouragement and contact info for
sending feedback. If you still remember the pitfalls, I'd appreciate if
you let me know.

Open Source principals do not only cover source code. You don't need to be
a programmer to provide valuable feedback on documentation, implementation
or infrastructure.

Kind regards,