GRUB and the last FC4 kernel

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jul 4 19:41:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 12:20 -0700, Hoffmann wrote:
> First of all, thanks to all of you that answered me.
> One more question: As a test, I opened the
> /boot/grub/grub.conf
> and I comment the previous FC4 kernel. After that, I
> noticed that I was not able to 'enter' to Windows. So,
> I uncomment the previous FC4 kernel, and all was fine.
> SO, the question is: After uninstalling the previous
> FC4 kernel, will I be able to have my dual boot? I
> mean, will I be able to 'enter' either FC4 or Windows?

That would depend on how much you mangled your grub.conf file whilst
editing it. Why not post the contents of it here?

It's very unlikely that your dual-boot would be broken when removing the
kernel - a more likely problem would be that there was an entry left for
the removed kernel that would not work (since the kernel was deleted).

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>