GRUB and the last FC4 kernel

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jul 5 12:42:52 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 07:46:26PM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> The "uname" command above shows which kernel you are currently running.
> You can safely remove any other kernel, e.g.
> # rpm -e kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> This will remove that version of the kernel, all of its modules, and the
> associated entry from your bootloader configuration file (usually grub).

If you have the yum-utils package, you can do this:

$ rpm -q kernel
kernel-2.6.10-1.766_FC3
kernel-2.6.10-1.770_FC3
kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3
kernel-2.6.11-1.27_FC3
kernel-2.6.11-1.35_FC3

$ sudo package-cleanup --oldkernels
Setting up yum
I will remove the following 3 kernel(s):
2.6.11-1.14_FC3
2.6.10-1.770_FC3
2.6.10-1.766_FC3
Is this ok [y/N]: y