Kaffeine on FC4 Crashing

James Emery modvavet at verizon.net
Tue Jul 5 17:26:43 UTC 2005

Sorry to pop in with this question on Fedora List, but the Kaffeine list
is woefully inadequate...  I have a total of three FC4 machines (1 at
work, 2 at home).  All 3 have recently had a problem with Kaffeine.  It
will open, but as soon as it tries to load a sound file of any kind (and
thus start the Xine engine) it crashes.  This is now a constant on all
three machines.  Other media players such as Noatun are working just
fine, so I'm assuming it's a problem with Kaffeine or Xine, or somewhere
in between.  If anyone has seen this problem (it provides no backtrace)
and knows a fix for it, I'd appreciate it.

Brad in VA