AW: Asterisk on FC3

Andreas Wahlert andreas.wahlert at gmx.de
Tue Jul 5 20:48:10 UTC 2005

I know about the security risks. But i go the following way:

* runs in an vmware on a fc3 hostmachine. I copy the vmware-image every
4 days. The only risk here are the mailboxes. Anyway. On the interface
of the host runs a NIDS. Aide runs on the asterisk server and several
other tools (rkhunter for example). * itself runs at a uid over 1000. no
other apps here.

But you are right. I guess kick the isa

Thx

andreas