cyrus-imapd

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jul 6 13:00:32 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 06.07.2005 schrieb redhatdude at bellsouth.net um 4:16:

> I've been using Mail.app on MacOSX to get the mail in my linux box.
> Trying to do something different I connected to it using X11 and
> launched KDE. With Evolution I can see three mail boxes in my
> account: Inbox, Junk, and Trash. I can create a Sent folder inside
> the INBOX folder, but not outside like Junk and Trash.

I must confess that I don't really understand what you have done.
The fact that Evolution shows you INBOX, Junk and Trash does not match
what you pasted below as result of the "lm" command. So somewhere there
is a fault.
The fact about the location of additional folders is the default
Cyrus-IMAPd setting and is caused by the namespace setting. You would
have to set "altnamespace: yes" to be able to have folders at same level
as the INBOX.

> localhost.localdomain> lm
> user.myname (\HasChildren)
>
> localhost.localdomain> lam user.myname
> myname lrswipcda

Ok, that mailbox looks properly.
One annotation: if you intend to have usernames with dots, like
arnold.schwarzenegger at foo.com, you then must use "altnamespace: yes" in
the imapd.conf. For reference see the virtual domains instructions site
I posted earlier in this thread.

> and now imapd.conf
>
> configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
> admins: cyrus
> sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
> sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
> hashimapspool: true
> sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
> sasl_mech_list: CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
> tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
> tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
>
> #Added by me
> sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
> allowplaintext: no
> quotawarn: 90
> createonpost: yes
> autocreatequota: 1000000
> autocreateinboxfolders: Inbox | Sent | Drafts | Trash  <<<<< This I
> saw in a forum, I don't know if the syntax is correct. The man pages
> specified that the previous two options should also be added with
> this one.

http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate/README.autocreate-cyrus-2.2

Those are the full instrcutions on how to use the autocreate patch
features. Settings changed over the time, so if you take it from
"somewhere" on the www be sure it reflects the current patch.

autocreateinboxfolders: Inbox  <-- That is wrong as INBOX is created
independently. Please read the " Create on post" carefully to get the
intended effect. If any of the named 5 criteria is not given, you won't
see the autocreate on post happening.

> Please bear with me. Two days ago I didn't know anything about cyrus-
> imapd.

We all once begun ...

> EJ

You didn't say a word about SELinux usage. At least check the messages
or audit.log for audit / avc messages when facing strange "permission
denied" errors. It may be a good idea to run SELinux in permissive mode
during the setup time, to get the audit messages but SELinux not
stopping actions because of false contexts.

Alexander

Serendipity 14:45:57 up 10 days, 21:38, load average: 0.17, 0.15, 0.11