assigning multiple ip addresses to NIC on bootupm, how?

Ferindo Middleton Jr fmiddleton at verizon.net
Sat Jul 9 14:31:00 UTC 2005

I run the following commands at the shell to  assign the additional ip
address to my FC4 server's NIC.
ifconfig eth0:2 192.168.1.3
ifconfig eth0:3 192.168.1.4

I do this because I need to make these additional addresses available
for virtual hosts to accept requests  on my apache apache web server.

How can I get these commands to run on boot up automatically without me
having run them manually. My httpd service fails to start on boot up
because it requires these addresses to already be available on the NIC,
but my setup initially only bring eth0:1 up on 192.168.1.2.

Ferindo

--
Ferindo Middleton
Sleekcollar.com