spca5xx driver problem

Rod Haper rhaper at houston.rr.com
Sat Jul 9 17:23:18 UTC 2005

Eric Tanguy wrote:
> Le dimanche 03 juillet 2005 à 23:15 +0200, Eric Tanguy a écrit :
>
>>I try to use spca5xx driver for my usb creative NX webcam. All seems
>>fine except that the system hangs at boot up if the webcam is plugged
>>in. When the system hangs if i unplugged the webcam the system continue
>>the boot process. Someone has an idea to solve this problem ?
>>Thanks
>>

> No one use this very usefull driver ?
>
> --
> Eric Tanguy | Nantes, France
> <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>
> Key : A4B8368F | Key Server : subkeys.pgp.net
> Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) sur athlon kernel 2.6.12-1.1390_FC4

Yes, I use the spca5xx driver module.  I've used it for my Ezonics
EZ-306 USB webcam with FC2 and now with FC4.  I'm currently running the
stock 2.6.12-1.1390_FC4 i686 kernel on a Gigabyte GA-7VT600-L
motherboard with an AMD XP 2600+ processor using the spca5xx-20050601
loadable module driver.  It works fine with GnomeMeeting and does not
cause any boot problems with the webcam plugged in at boot time.  I
assume you have done a fresh rebuild and reinstall of the spca5xx
module?  Tony Nelson's suggestion to check your boot dmesg log file to
see when the spca5xx module is loaded is a good idea.  The spca5xx
module is the last module loaded on my system.  Make sure it is loading
after your USB drivers.

---
Rod