Ctrl-Alt F2 / log off / Kaddressbook

Francois Massonneau frmas at free.fr
Mon Jul 11 09:39:43 UTC 2005

Hi,
I've just switched from FC3 to FC4 (I did an upgrade instead of an fresh
install).

I have 3 questions :

1°) With FC3, I used to use Ctrl-Alt-F3, Ctrl-Alt-F4 to log as root or as
simple user on another terminal (don't know if it's the right word for
that).
Actually, with FC4, Ctrl-Alt-F3 or F4 gives me a black screen, no more
possibility to log as a different user
Is there a switch I can turn on, to activate that function ?

2°), When I log off, I used to see a list of functions, processes, that were
closed. Now with FC4, I see nothing, just a black screen, with no more
message. Is there a way to activate those messages as they were with FC3

3°) Using Kaddressbook, when I clicked on letter D for example, I had all
persons whose names began with D, but only those persons. Now with FC4,
when I click on letter D (always an example), the focus is put on the first
person whose name begins with D, but I have also on the left screen, the
whole list of people who are in my addressbook. Again, is there a way to
get the same behavior as with FC3 ?

Thank you.

Francois