Using cyrus-imapd, and moving off dovecot...

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 11 10:20:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 02:46 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Is it my imagination, or is the CYRUS_MAILER_PATH wrong for
> x86_64 packaging?  I'm looking at /usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/cyrus.m4
> where it says:
>
> ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',, `define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',
> /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver)')
>
> but that should be /usr/lib64/... right?

My FC3 x86_64 system has deliver in /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd.
The /usr/lib64/cyrus-imapd directory is empty.  In FC3's case maybe
cyrus-imap was built as a 32-bit application.

> Also, is there an easy way to take old dovecot mailboxes from $USER/mail/
> and push the contents into the Cyrus message store instead?

Depending on the amount of mail:  You could move the mail (with
evolution) into a local (non-imap) mailbox, shutdown dovecot and bring
up cyrus-imap, then move the mail to the new account.  It's not the most
elegant way, but it works.

Bob...