Using cyrus-imapd, and moving off dovecot...

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jul 11 11:34:20 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 11.07.2005 schrieb Philip Prindeville um 10:46:

> Is it my imagination, or is the CYRUS_MAILER_PATH wrong for
> x86_64 packaging?  I'm looking at /usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/cyrus.m4
> where it says:
>
> ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',, `define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',
> /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver)')
>
> but that should be /usr/lib64/... right?

Yes, but not be touching /usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/cyrus.m4. FC4's
sendmail.mc comes with pre-definitions for using Cyrus-IMAPd.

> Also, is there an easy way to take old dovecot mailboxes from $USER/mail/
> and push the contents into the Cyrus message store instead?

You can resend them using formail. Or move the mail to a different IMAP
server and when Cyrus-IMAPd is up, transfer them again.

> I had to apply the following trickery to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc to get things
> to work...
>
> ***************
> *** 160,164 ****
> --- 162,176 ----
>   dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
>   dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl
>   dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl
> + define(`LOCAL_MAILER_PATH', `')dnl

Why that?

> + FEATURE(local_lmtp)dnl
> + define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH', `/usr/lib64/cyrus-imapd/deliver')dnl

You say first to use local_lmtp and then define to use deliver? You
better should use LMTP.

> + FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
> + define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl

Do you really intend to use Procmail? For filtering Cyrus-IMAPd comes
with Sieve.

>   MAILER(smtp)dnl
>   MAILER(procmail)dnl
> + MAILER(local)dnl
> + MAILER(cyrus)dnl

Not correct, that must be mailer cyrusv2.

> + LOCAL_RULE_0
> + Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >  $#cyrusbb $: $

More incorrect. That is very, very old syntax and obsolete. Probably you
copied entries you found in the www. Most of them are not correct as
outdated.

> seems that this should be simpler....  more turn-key.  Note the
> CYRUS_MAILER_PATH
> was overridden for the above problem.  Not sure if I definitely need the
> local mailer or
> not... the MailerToTriple rule might require it...   And I'm not sure I
> want root/postmaster
> mail going into the IMAP message store, instead of into a normal local
> mailbox, but I
> haven't figured that one out yet...

Use the aliases file to send root's mail to a mortal mailbox user.

> Also not sure where the '-t' in the original sendmail.mc definition for
> procmail was
> coming from...  I grepped for it in /usr/share/sendmail-cf/*/* and
> couldn't find it!!!

You first have to decide how your whole mailer setup should be.

> -Philip

Alexander

Serendipity 13:27:17 up 15 days, 20:19, load average: 0.14, 0.17, 0.12