Minicom has only ansi or vt102

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 11 14:20:24 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> ok, I'm now at work. I've confirmed that vt102 is ok. I can also
>> confirm, that I can switch from ttyS0 to S1 and back again. Now, why
>> is this not possible on my home PCs, FC3 and CentOS.? This is weird.
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Mark Sargent.

It is not wierd. It sounds like permission problems on the serial
port. Here is what I have

$ ls -l /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root uucp 4, 64 Dec  3  2004 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 65 Feb 23  2004 /dev/ttyS1
$

I had to set it up that way in order to use minicom on ttyS0.
I haven't set up ttyS1.

Mike