iptables question

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 22:01:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 17:39, Margaret Doll wrote:

> #X11Forwarding no
> X11Forwarding yes
> #X11DisplayOffset 10
>
> in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
>
> I have the systems names in each of the computers' /etc/hosts files.
>
> My session is
>
> xhost computer1
> ssh myaccount/computer1
>
> login procedure
>
> export DISPLAY=computer2:0
>
> acroread
>
> Error:  Can't open DISPLAY: computer2:0

Did you issue the export DISPLAY command?

ssh should do this for you automatically.  After you ssh to the system
do an echo $DISPLAY to look at what is currently set.

You should most likely see something like:  localhost:10.0

If you don't see that then try:

ssh -X computer1

and try the echo $DISPLAY again.

I think the problem is that you are setting the DISPLAY variable wrong.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

It was all so different before everything changed.