WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Stefan Held obi at unixkiste.org
Tue Jul 12 00:56:32 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 11.07.2005, 20:22 -0400 schrieb Steven W. Orr:

> What does STRACE tell you? What GDB?
>
> Absolutely nothing.

I cannot believe that.

> Selinux is disabled. udev is not the culprit. I'm on a serial port and the
> udev entry works fine for creating my symlink to /dev/pilot

Ok, can you do an id $youruser and check if this user belongs to the
group uucp?

> Depends if it's your machine or not.

I have several machines with FC4. And did not notice any problems.

> Tell me what you need and I will be happy to supply it.

[user at yourpc] script <enter>
[user at yourpc] strace jpilot
[user at yourpc] lots of output ....
[user at yourpc] exit

you should have a file named typescript, let us see that.

--
 Stefan Held                    VI has only 2 Modes:
 obi at unixkiste.org              The first one is for beeping all the time,