WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 12 01:00:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 20:57, Ken Rambler wrote:
> I'm sorta the new FC kid on the block and a little confused. The last
> version I used was RH9, very stable. How does FC3 and FC4 compare?
> Which would be best for a production server?
>
> All these comments have me on guard :-)

(please do not top post)

For production servers you should use RHEL or Centos or one of the other
RH clones.  Or stay with FC3 for the time being.  Unless there is some
feature or functionality that is only in FC4 nothing is forcing anyone
to upgrade.  :)

Please review the Fedora home page.  The objectives are clearly stated.

If you choose to load FC4 be prepared to spend time sorting out various
problems and tweaking the system to get it to work as you expect.

Personally I think even numbered releases of FC have bad karma.  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when then get
to know each other.
		-- Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius", stardate 4372.5