Bootable ISO

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jul 12 06:17:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 13:11 -0700, Rodney Wise top-posted:
> A bunch of files with directories. I just need the
> file path to start the install program.

> --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
> > Rodney Wise wrote:
> >
> > > I jsut need the path to
> > > the installer (anaconda or what ever it is). The only
> > > other PC I have is down for a week. I need to make
> > > this work if possible.
> >
> > The installer is booted by running "init", which is
> > inside the isolinux/initrd.img file.

Like I said, the installer is booted by running "init", which is inside
the isolinux/initrd.img file. Getting this to run from your environment
will be a non-trivial task, since it's a linux program and by messing up
the bootloader on the CD during the burning, you've not booted the
installer's Linux kernel. You really need a new CD.

P.S. Please don't top-post on this mailing list:

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>