another Yum problem

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Tue Jul 12 08:53:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:12:03 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:

> Tonight, even though I do yum updates several times a week, I came up with a
> list of 633 updates available. How could this be? I did an rpm rebuilddb and
> I run yum clean all, but I still get this huge list. I can't believe so many
> packages have new updates in the past 48 hours, or less. My repos are the
> standard Fedora including extras and development, Livna, and KDE-Redhat.

The following information is missing: What distribution version do you
use? What distribution version do you want? Judging from your brief
list of repositories, it seems you call something "standard", which is
not standard. For Fedora Core Development there is no "Livna"
repository. "extras" should be "extras-development". And how well kde-
redhat plays with Fedora Core Development is unclear, too. You probably
want "updates-testing" instead of "development".

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1426_FC5