OpenOffice 2.0 not recognizing Microsoft fonts?

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at SUTH.COM
Tue Jul 12 17:09:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 18:18 +0200, Lars Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem...
>
> Have copied the fonts to the folder /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF.win and added
> this folder to the xfs config file. The folder was scanned and added to the
> font-folder-list. It is also listed by "chkfontpath -l".
> But the fonts are not available in any program...
> fc-cache didn't changed the situation...
>
> I had exactly the same problem when i installed FC3. After a while it finaly
> worked, but I don't know why...
>
> Any suggestions very welcome
> Thx, Lars
>

> Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 17:51 schrieb Ian Pilcher:
> > Anthony Dean wrote:
> > > Does anyone know how to get OpenOffice 2.0 (the version included with
> > > Fedora Core 4) to recognize the Microsoft TrueType fonts I installed?
> > > When I check the font menus, all I see are the default/preinstalled
> > > Linux fonts. The MS fonts are installed under "/usr/share/fonts".
> >
> > Try (as root):
> >
> >    cd /usr/share/fonts
> >    fc-cache
> >
> > --
> > Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net

Try this:

Under  OO
Printer Administration --> Fonts --> Add

browse to /usr/share/fonts/

select all

ok

then restart OO

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla at suth.com

J.O.A.T.

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64