another Yum problem

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Jul 13 01:44:21 UTC 2005

On Tue July 12 2005 4:53 am, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> The following information is missing: What distribution version do you
> use? What distribution version do you want? Judging from your brief
> list of repositories, it seems you call something "standard", which is
> not standard. For Fedora Core Development there is no "Livna"
> repository. "extras" should be "extras-development". And how well kde-
> redhat plays with Fedora Core Development is unclear, too. You probably
> want "updates-testing" instead of "development".

As you and Paul noted, I did indeed have development turned on ( I use KYum
which has a GUI which makes it very easy to select/deselect repos). I turned
off development and extras-development, and now I'm down to a list of 55
updates, but of those, 50 are from updates-testing. I have no more reason to
have that repo turned on than I had for the other two previously mentioned.

If one of you guys would like to, I'd be interested in hearing your views on
when it 'is' appropriate to turn on those repositories.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA